Scalibor Tick Collars

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Scalibor Tick Collars

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Julia G

My vet was very enthusiastic about these collars as we have had a very bad tick season in NH. She had switched her dogs from Frontline to these collars. Frontline had been failing in my opinion also so bought a collar. My cairn terrier started scratching his neck within 2 days of wearing it…so removed it & called to enquire if any other dogs had a similar reaction. The answer was no & to give it another try….same thing. The collar is off permanently now. My question is…has anyone else out there had this experience & can anyone recommend something for tick prevention that actually works! Thanks so much for any help!

#78004 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Nexgard is an tasty oral square chew. Once a month. I flea/tick comb them once in awhile, nothing. Buy online, it’s cheaper.

#78009 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

hey Julia!
    Where are you in NH? I’m in Gilford. Anyway, I bought collars from HolisticFamilyandPet dot com (they’re out of MA); no ticks! We had some before the collars but not since.

#78010 Report Abuse
    Laura M

I live in MA, but my dogs train all over the NE area and NJ as well and I have had great, and I mean great success with Nexgard. I find dead ticks if any and you don’t need to worry about the getting wet part at all since my dogs are big swimmers. I would highly recommend this product – have been using it for about a year now. I also heard that Bravecto is good too and I think it lasts a longer period of time but I’m not switching from Nexgard – it is almost too good to be true! Sorry to hear about the collar reaction. I know several people that use them and love them with no problems. My dogs sleep with me so I don’t like to have the chemicals on the collars around their necks – and I don’t really like the collar method in general – seems like a throwback to when that was all we had in the arsenal to protect our animals. I do think they are new and improved though. Good luck and hope your baby feels better!

#78011 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

I like Nexgard as well and my dog has not had a reaction to it. It works very very well.

#78013 Report Abuse
    Julia G

Thank you all so much for this feed back & so quickly!!! I am in western NH, small town some miles from Keene. I also sleep w/my dog so the collar thing was a little disconcerting. Nextgard sounds like a really good product so will definitely look at it. Thank you all again!

#78014 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

the collars I posted are completely safe, no small, no oil.

#78015 Report Abuse
    Julia G

Thank you InkedMarie…will check thos
    e out also!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.