šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RollTide10

Hi everyone,

Thought I post here again regarding a question I have about rotational diet now that my vet okayed it for my dog.
    My dog, Fury, is a 4-year old Lab Mix (wow, where did the time go?!) who weighs about 65 lbs currently.

For food that Fury already ate before, should I still have a 10 day transition in place?
    Or can I just swamp him over cold turkey?

Thanks for everyoneā€™s thoughts/input! 🙂

#155178 Report Abuse
    bob J
    Participant

I read a really good article on another site that might help. sorry i’m too busy rn to give a full response but i would suggest checking out the article at least: http://4-paws.blog/grain-free-food/

#155537 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

What ends up happening for me is the last bit of dog food from Bag A goes into the top of Bag B and I just mix it up a little bit. I don’t buy large bags so sometimes I just feed Bag A for one meal and Bag B for the other. And then sometimes, time gets away from me and one bag runs out so it’s cold turkey change on to the next bag. No issues for my boy. Just watch Fury’s output and if his poop is not his normal or getting soft, back off of the new food and transition longer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.