🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Zach M

When you guys go on walks, and your dog is off leash, do you stop her/him if he/she is rolling in mud or weird grass or whatever? This has become a problem and I don’t know if i should stop Ginger from rolling in different things. Thanks in advance!

#52625 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

I always stop my dog, because 100% of the time she rolls in something, it’s something nasty. Unless of course she’s just wanting a good old roll in the grass, then I let her, but I can tell the difference between just wanting a good roll or wanting to roll in something gross.

#52627 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I would say it depends on your dogs agenda and how much time you have for grooming (if needed) after a good roll; you would know best.

These are my deciding factors that determine if Bobby gets to have a roll:
    If he is running around and stops to roll without putting too much thought into where he is rolling, I always let him. If he spends even a brief second sniffing before he rolls I always stop him because he just wants to roll in something gross, stinky, or dead. If it is mud, unless I plan on giving him a bath afterwards, I don’t let him (I am a party pooper). I always stop him if he wants to roll in an area that is questionable because he or the humans in our family could be exposed to something irritating or harmful.

#52635 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

BUT……if you see someone else’s dog rolling in the mud, now that’s fun!! 🙂

#52637 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

You got that right!!!! It’s always fun to watch as long as I don’t have to bathe or hose my dog off!

Hey, I love a to watch a good, clean roll from any dog. Nothing better than seeing those legs up in the air as they wiggle around, but we know when they have ulterior motives to roll in something gross; they are too funny. 😉

#52639 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Oooh, I try to let my boys only roll in our own yard. Even then, I try to make sure nothing too gross is under them. It’s very fun in our front yard because there is actually grass. They have their back yard pretty ripped up! They are rolling all over our carpet this morning because it just got treated with carpet fresh and vacuumed! But my dogs have had too many issues to let them roll away in strange places! We don’t want anymore cooties! But, it’s absolutely delightful to watch other people’s dogs have at it!

#52650 Report Abuse
    Zach M

Thanks for the answers guys! Several times ginger has rolled in this weird mud like substance that smell horrendous. It is a pain to get off. So I guess if it’s grass I will let her roll in it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.