REALLY off topic

Dog Food Advisor Forums Off Topic Forum REALLY off topic

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Gloria K

I am a newbie having just joined a couple of days ago. I would like to change my profile picture of myself to show a picture of my dog. I don’t want to create a Gravatar, one that will follow me to every forum or blog that I subscribed to, I just want to change the picture on this site. Any suggestions or help?

#56707 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Actually, my avatar here in the forum doesn’t show up on any other sites even though it is from Gravatar.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by pugmomsandy.
    #56709 Report Abuse
    Gloria K

Tell me how you got it there. I can’t find any way to edit my profile picture except Gravatar

#56742 Report Abuse
    Dori

Sandy, my avatar on DFA only shows up on this site also. I have a different one that I use elsewhere.

Gloria K. I’ll try to figure out how I did it. It was a while ago and I actually think at that time someone on DFA walked me through it.

#56743 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Gloria, here’s the link to add a new photo, http://en.gravatar.com hover over ur photo that’s on ur top right, & it will say “add a new image” click on that.

#56773 Report Abuse
    Gloria K

Susan I have tried everything. Of all the sites that I belong to this was the most difficult to navigate. I was able to get into Gravatar, sign up and added 2 photos to the photo gallery but it won’t let me set the photos. It says “upload an existing photo “but nothing else to click on. I went over to the right pane and clicked on the photo gallery to upload the two photos. Very puzzling. There is no photo on my top right to hover over as you suggested. HEEELLLPPPP!

#56776 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

When I sign in to gravatar, it says “Select image (below) to use for the selected email (above) or add a new image”. Then I can just click on any of the photos I’ve uploaded.

#56780 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I was on another site supported by Gravatar and it asked me if I wanted my Gravatar image used for an avatar.

#56781 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Gloria, are you using a mobil phone, tablet or laptop, Im using a laptop it might be different if ur using a tablet…but when you hover over ur photo that you dont have, on the top right about 4 things come up, the first one is the “add a photo” click on that, then “choose where you’d like to get the image from” comes up & you’ll see 3 blue pictures, (sounds like ur just getting the 1 blue picture) you click on the 1st one on ur left that says “my computers hard drive” then it brings up photos on ur computer, then you upload a photo from there…My mom just bought a tablet, she lives 2 hrs away & I tried to explain stuff to her over the phone & she’d say but I dont have that button on my screen then I realized that the tablets have a different set up to laptops & computers…maybe retry again today & see if it works properly & yes it is confusing…

#56905 Report Abuse
    Gloria K

Thank you all, I know you’re trying hard to explain to me and walk me through it but maybe my problem is that I am using an iPad instead of my laptop. Haven’t turned on my laptop for over six months. I’ll have to go and see if I can work it through my computer instead of my tablet then I’ll get back to you. Too bad I can’t upload a photo with my reply because I would show you what I see when I use my iPad directed to Gravatar.

#57005 Report Abuse
    Gloria K

Okay I was able to upload the photo after several tries. My problem now is that I want to change the photo to the email address that matches the one on dogfoodadvisor.com.
    I posted a different e-mail address for Gravatar. I can’t seem to do that…does anyone know how? I would like Mickey’s photo to appear on both Gravatar and on this site.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Gloria K.
    #57035 Report Abuse
    Gloria K

OH MY GOSH I DID IT. I can’t believe it took me so long to get through this. Thank you so much for all your help. This is Mickey.

#57036 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Mickey looks beautiful, how old is he?… did you up-load his photo on the other site (Reveiws Comments) I just click on my photo & 4 things will come up, Your Profile, Hide media, Edit settings, Log out, click on your profile & see if you can change ur photo.. I just clicked on my profile & its not working for me but it never works for me on that site….

#57040 Report Abuse
    Gloria K

Susan, Mickey is a shelter rescue dog I adopted about a week ago. He’s a one year old mixed terrier and weighs in at 11 pounds.
    I uploaded the photo after much frustration and searching and trial and error from Gravatar. If I can just figure out how to add a photo to a post that’s relevant I’ll be doing fine.

#57044 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Mickey is beautiful, Gloria!!

#57046 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hooray, Gloria, you did it! He is super cute 🙂

#57047 Report Abuse
    Gloria K

Thanks crazy4cats-and InkedMarie (love that name) I think so too.

#57049 Report Abuse

He is adorable. I bet he is actually a Maltese chihuahua “designer” mix. I have a rescue here that came with her ***cough*** papers so we would know she us a papered mutt..lol..she could d be his litter mate.

#57050 Report Abuse
    Gloria K

Mellissaandcrew, The vet said he is definitely a terrier mix but who knows what he’s mixed with. He has very long slender legs and amber eyes and his fur is shaggy , so it could be anybody’s guess.

#57061 Report Abuse
    Dori

Hi Gloria. So glad you figured out how to get pics done. Mickey is such a cutie. Did the shelter or your vet have any idea how old he might be? I don’t think he has any Maltese in him but he definitely looks like he’s got terrier in him for sure. Anyway, welcome to DFA it’s lovely to meet you and Mickey and sorry you had such a tough time with the avatar.

Oh, since your new I just wanted to say that I have three toy dogs. My avatar is a picture of Hannah my 15 year old Maltese that weighs 7 lbs.. I’ve had her since she was 16 weeks old. Katie is my 5 1/2 year old Maltipoo that weighs 6 lbs. and then there is Lola who is a 5 1/2 year old Yorkipoo that weighs 5 lbs. We adopted Katie and Lola both when they were 9 weeks old. Katie is my food sensitive girl. She’s got tons of food intolerances, allergies and sensitivities. She also has outdoor environmental allergies. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. The regulars know me and my girls so thought I’d catch you up on me.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Dori.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Dori.
    #57408 Report Abuse
    Gloria K

Hi Dori, sorry it took me so long to respond but I’ve had a ton of trouble getting back into this site. Apparently my device was not working the way it should to get in here because the administrators checked my login and said it was working perfectly. However a little bit of manipulating on my part and I was able to get in and want to thank you for your response. Things are going well with Mickey, I’m so pleased with him and fortunately for me, he’s a year old and already house broken and understands the word “no.” Frankly I think that was said to him thousands of times LOL. Anyway I really am enjoying him.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.