šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Diane M

Hi
    Is it recommended to start my 15 week old pug puppy on raw food or is this too early? I am planning on feeding 1/2 raw and 1/2 kibble. Any advice or recommendations would be great! If so, is there a certain raw you would recommend for a puppy? Thanks!

#79735 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

I’d look into Primal. Its a commercial raw food that is formulated by veterinary nutritionists and is already complete and balanced.

#79771 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Nope, it is not too early….I have a puppy coming home in less than 2 weeks and he/she will be weaned to raw!

I feed ground raw. I primarily buy from Hare Today, a little from Reel Raw Dog. I live in the northeast so these are good options for me. If you live elsewhere in the US, Raw Feeding Miami & My Pet Carnivore are good options.

I buy grinds that have meat/bone/organs & some have tripe. I scoop/weigh into a bowl, add salmon oil & eggs 3x a week and thats it. I’m a prey model believer, I don’t think dogs need produce in their food. Thats a choice for you to make. Buying grinds are much cheaper than buying premade raw.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.