ququestions about thyroid panel test

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health ququestions about thyroid panel test

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Took m y yorkie back today to check his t4 level. 7 weeks ago it was 0.5, he’s been on soloxine 1/2 tablet twice a day(1mg total) today it was 3.7 so I’m to continue this dosage for 4 to 6 weeks and then er are going to send blood in for a complete thyroid pane. this is my question: My vet usually sends thim to michigan state. I told him about hemopet, Dr.Dobbs testing center. he said he would check it out. I think michigan is known for tyroid testing. any suggestions on which one to use. thanks

#29631 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Dr Dodds is the best as far as looking for where the problem is coming from, and what you should be doing in addition to the soloxine.

#29643 Report Abuse
    aimee
    Participant

Dr Dodds has contributed greatly in the field of hematology and I think she is a lovely person. However, when it comes to thyroid… I’d use MSU over Dr. Dodds.

#29649 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I’ll defer to Aimee on this one. It’s been a number of years since I had a thyroid panel other than my own sent off anywhere. My experiences in the past with MSU was that you received typical lab results, x is in this range, high, y is in this range, low. And that is it. My understanding, and I could be wrong, is that with Dr Dodds, you get the advice on what to try nutritionally to support wherever the issue is stemming from, etc. But I truly have no personal experience there, I only know what I have been told by others.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.