šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Amanda R

Hello all. I’m the main content creator at Holistic Pet Radio. We started out as a podcast and have since begun making YouTube videos geared towards newcomers to the raw feeding movement. Our first video is all about how to choose a commercially prepared raw food. I run through some questions to ask, such as did the animals have access to the outdoors (in relation to Vitamin D deficiency concerns).

Link: https://goo.gl/yUhQcX

I am hoping to get some feedback from some experienced raw feeders on our content and suggestions for things you would like to see us address. Any input is welcome! Thank you!

#108284 Report Abuse
    Cannoli

When I used to feed my dog raw I would call and ask the company if their supply chain and production process have been reviewed by the FDA to earn the Human Grade distinction. Human Grade means ā€˜food gradeā€™, ā€˜edibleā€™, or fit for human consumption.

But none did. So I opted out.

#108411 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I buy strictly from Hare Today which is NOT for human consumption as humans dont eat bone.

#108413 Report Abuse
    Cannoli

I used to order from them but the ground bone caused major constipation issues for my dog. So I turned to powder calcium supplements. My dog is just one of those dogs who has issues digesting ground bones

#108414 Report Abuse
    Jenna

how are they ensuring that the diet meets nutrient requirements. ie feeding trial, NRC etc. Vitamin D as an example, dogs cannot produce vitamin D in the skin and must rely on their diet for adequate intake..

#108416 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Cannoli: I had a dog who had constipation; I solved it by using less bone in and adding boneless meats.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.