šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Carla S

I realize that this is a dog site; however, I have questions about purchasing Nutri Thrive for our cats. One of our cats have already been diagnosed with Feline Leukemia and I am looking for anything that may help her. She had a fever, has lost 5 lbs and her White blood count was at 25 per cent. Do you think that it would be beneficial for me to purchase Nutri Thrive for her or not ? She is not really not eating much and I was wondering if this may be added to water ? I know it may be a long shot, but I am so sad with the thoughts of losing my baby and not being able to do anything to help her. She is 7 years old and her name is Paddles.

Our other kitty is 16 years old and is showing similar symptoms, being very thin but eating like a little pig ! She has not been diagnosed with anything at this time, but I suspect that our Paddles may have contracted the Feline Leukemia from our older kitty, Hookie.

If this is not the correct site to be asking these questions please direct me to the proper one as time is of the essence for both of our babies. We are heartbroken.

Thank you.

#130055 Report Abuse
    Brenda D
    Participant

Sorry to hear about your catā€™s diagnosis. Not eating much is nota good sign. You could try feeding her meat from deboned and boiled chicken breasts to see if her appetite returns, but no food is going to cure the disease. A good diet is important, but so is keeping her free from infections and taking her to the vet for regular checkups. If thereā€™s a local cat shelter in your area, they may be able to give you specific recommendations about caring for a cat with the illness because itā€™s something theyā€™ve likely had to deal with. You should also be keeping the two cats separated. They shouldnā€™t be sharing food dishes or litter boxes or be with each other. Some weight loss can be normal with older cats, but if sheā€™s showing other symptoms Iā€™d question the diagnosis that sheā€™s Feline HIV free.

#130093 Report Abuse
    Vikki A

Life Gold – Trusted Care for Cat Cancer

I donā€™t have kittyā€™s anymore….. but was looking on on line and found this web site. Lots of good reviews. Maybe this product will help you. I also read, and maybe you already know, that touching an infected kitty without washing you hands before touching a kitty that is not infected may pass the infection. I had not idea. Good luck with your kitty. I hope there is someone else out there that might be able even further. I had a dog with CHF he passed last year and his brother has a heart murmur that can turn into CHF. There is nothing we wouldnā€™t do for our furrbabies!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.