šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    cindy q
    Participant

I am now feeding Orijen in the morning and my picky dogs like it, I am trying to find a canned that they like. I gave them a little of the Go tonight and they seemed to like it. Do any of you keep feeding the same kibble and just rotate the canned?

#44476 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I rotate everything, kibble, canned, raw, supplements, everything. One of my dogs used to be picky, but once I started rotational feeding, he has never missed a meal, or even eaten slowly.

#44485 Report Abuse
    cindy q
    Participant

theBCnut what supplements do you use?

#44491 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Oh boy did you just open a can of worms…

I give digestive enzymes, probiotics, coconut oil, fish oil(or some other omega 3), raw ACV, super greens, bee pollen, garlic, and some high antioxidant fruits and veggies. And that doesn’t include the eggs, oily fish, oysters, etc. I may have forgotten something, but I don’t know what.

#44493 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Miss nut, or shall I call you miss puppet master! I missed you! I’m glad VBS went well. Our kids aren’t even out of school yet here. I ran VBS one year and helped several other. It was a lot of fun. Anyway, you feed oysters, huh? I honestly almost got some when I was buying the sardines, but wasn’t sure if it would be good for the dogs or not. I know my human son loves them. Maybe I’ll give it a shot! Nice to have you back.

#44505 Report Abuse
    cindy q
    Participant

Thanks theBCnut! I feed the orijen with fish oil in the morning and then they get a little pumpkin at night they get go and a few times a week I give them a little yogurt. After reading what you feed I feel like I might not be doing enough.

#44513 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Hi C4C and cindy
    Remember that I am also feeding some homemade raw, so some of the things I add are to balance out that. Oysters are a good source of zinc and selenium, nuts and seeds have manganese in them. Vits E and D have to be added. I told you I forgot some.

If I were feeding just kibble or already balanced foods, I would still add a little coconut oil, antioxidants, omega 3s, garlic 3 days a week, digestive enzymes, and probiotics a couple times a week.

Try kefir instead of yogurt. You’ll find it somewhere in dairy at the grocery. It has a better variety of probiotics than yogurt. It’s great for people too.

BTW C4C, they also call me “the Big Dummy.” That’s what I get for taking on that crew.

#44514 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

The BCnut-
    Did you really want to tell me that? Lol! Thanks for the help with supplements.
    Cindy-
    I feed mostly kibble with various toppers. I give mine digestive enzymes every meal. Probiotics and a green supplement twice a week and right now garlic granules everyday for increases flea protection. You can just start adding these things slowly. You are off to a great start. You are feeding high quality products. You are way ahead of the average dog owner!

#44516 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

My friends find I don’t offend easily, for all the others, beware. HaHaHa, of course I wanted to tell you that.

#44522 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

at the very least, I would rotate orijens varieties so that you don’t get them too comfortable with just the one. Beyond the health benefits, who knows what could happen…orijen could have a recall (unlikely) your store could be out in a pinch, etc… so it’s good to get them to be able to eat multiple proteins and flavors on that level as well as it being good for your dog. I rotate canned as well as kibble, and actually, I rotate canned a lot more than I rotate kibble. I don’t buy cases of cans, I just go buy big varieties

#44549 Report Abuse
    cindy q
    Participant

Thanks everyone!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.