Price/Value Calculation

Dog Food Advisor Forums Feedback and Suggestions Price/Value Calculation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brian C

Not sure if this suggestion has been made before, I attempted a search but got for more results than I could read through. I think it would be very helpful if dogfoodadvisor could come up with a cost metric. It seems as if denser,higher quality food requires smaller serving sizes. I have my new bernedoodle’s food narrowed down to Nature’s Variety or Puppy Core. But the serving sizes seem to be different for all of my “finalist” brands. I’m sure this isn’t a simple calculation given the variations in retail price and volume discounts but it sure would be nice.

#92965 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

Hi Brian –

Serving size is effected by kcals. The higher calorie foods require less to be fed vs lower calorie foods. Perceived quality of a food has nothing to do with this. No two foods will be indentical in kcals, but some will be close enough that the feeding recommendations will not be far off.

Only problem is you have at the very least a large breed puppy if not a giant breed and keeping their weight under control during growth is of utmost importance. For that reason, a low energy density food is recommended by veterinary nutritionists.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.