🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TmMura13
    Participant

Shadow is my 10 month old German Shepherd mix with diarrhea, demodex mites, demodectic mange, is extremely picky, needs to put on weight, might have a food allergy (possibly needs to stay from birds), is very high energy and has a low immune system. Please keep in mind that I live in Florida and I’m surrounded my national pet store retailers. There are very few small speciality pet store retailers around. Also I would prefer not to order online unless it’s truly necessary.

Shadow – Hill’s® Science Diet® Puppy Large Breed / Dick Van Patten’s Natural Balance® L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets® Sweet Potato & Venison / Nutro Natural Choice Limited Ingredient Diet Lamb & Whole Brown Rice Formula Large Breed Puppy Food / Wilderness™ Chicken Recipe for Puppies

We feed him what ever he will eat at the time. This also may include canned food, treats mixed in and even sometimes table scraps.

#24193 Report Abuse
    gmcbogger38

I never thought I would want to order online until I found chewy.com. Great prices and free shipping over $49. I’m not a fan of any of the foods you listed. With that said, Wilderness is probably the best one you listed because it is grain free. Have you thought of switching up the protein every now and then? That will help prevent allergies and also keep him interested in his food. Also, you don’t necessarily have to feed a puppy formula. As long as the food is made for all life stages you can feed it. That may open up other options for you.

#24195 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Grandma Lucy’s has few ingredients and has novel proteins like goat and rabbit and bison.

#24199 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

The first thing I would try is adding digestive enzymes and probiotic to his food. And the second would be to go grain, potato, and chicken free.

Good probiotics help the immune system and digestive enzymes take some of the strain off the gut. Adding a tablespoon of pure canned pumpkin would be in order too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.