šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tinyup A

I have quite a few good pet food stores around me so I’m hoping I can find some brand that doesn’t use this high pressure process everyone seems to be against. I have been having good results with Stella and Chewy but now that I know to avoid HPP, what brands don’t use this process?

Thanks for any advice. My girl is turning 14 this month! She is pickier than ever when it comes to dinner time.

#148032 Report Abuse
    Patricia A
    Participant

Which Primal Pet Foods products utilize HPP?
    Modified on: Tue, 11 Sep, 2018 at 3:09 PM

Primal will be implementing High-Pressure Processing (HPP) into our product line beginning the week of June 6th, 2011 for poultry products only. Poultry products utilizing HPP will be designated by a code date of 070812 or later. Red meat products will not be utilizing HPP. Below is a complete list of products utilizing HPP, as well as non-HPP products.

HPP Products
    Canine Formulas: Chicken, Duck, Pheasant, Quail, Turkey & Sardine
    Feline Formulas: Chicken & Salmon, Duck, Pheasant, Quail, Turkey
    Mixes and Grinds: Chicken, Turkey
    All Raw Meaty Bones: Chicken Backs, Chicken Necks, Chicken Wings, Turkey Necks

Non-HPP Products
    Canine Formulas: Beef, Lamb, Pork, Rabbit, Venison
    Feline Formulas: Beef & Salmon, Pork, Rabbit, Venison
    Mixes and Grinds: Beef, Lamb, Pork, Sardine
    Raw Goat Milk
    Bone Broth: All Bone Broth
    Recreational Bones: All Recreational Bones
    Primal Treats: All Primal Treats
    Supporters of HPP claim the process leads toā€¦

A safer product. Itā€™s been shown that the HPP process is effective at eliminating most food-borne germs such as Salmonella, E. coli, and Listeria with little change in the nutritional value of the end product.2

A fresher product. HPP destroys the microorganisms that cause spoilage which, in turn, increases the shelf life of the product.2

#148047 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Sometimes only the poultry recipes use HPP and other non-poultry recipes won’t. You’d need to look through the FAQ’s on the product’s website or contact them directly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.