šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nconlee

I’m about to get a new puppy in two weeks.I’m wondering if anybody had suggestions for puppy food,I’ve been looking myself and my head is spinning there are so many choices.From what I could tell Blue buffalo puppy food didn’t seem bad and Earthborn puppy food also seemed good.I’m more than willing to ask my vet when we go in for puppy shots but I was curious what others were using,what has worked for them and what hasn’t. This is my first dog and I want to start out their life right!Any help would be awesome!!!

#30219 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

What kind of puppy is it? Large breed puppies have special requirements.

#30221 Report Abuse
    nconlee

It’s a mix.The mom is a husky but she’s not huge(55lbs ish) and the dad almost looks like a jack Russell but he has longer legs I’d say he’s maybe (20lbs ish).

#30224 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

In that case, Earthborn is a great food, but you don’t have to stick with their puppy formula. Any food labeled for All Life Stages is formulated to the higher growth standards and is suitable for puppies. I like to suggest taking the list of 4 and 5 star puppy foods with you to all the pet boutiques in your area and note on them what is available where and for how much. The pick a few to try. If your pup does well on them put a star by their name on your list. If the puppy doesn’t do well on them, cross them off your list. When you have a few different brands with different protein and starch sources, you will have a good rotation of foods. The reason that we suggest having a rotation is because dogs, like humans, keep a healthier gut if they are fed a variety of foods, and a huge part of the immune system is in the gut.

#30259 Report Abuse
    nconlee

Thanks!I feel so overwhelmed I have looked through so many foods and at first I will think it’s a good dog food,then I read further and I realize dog food,like people food isn’t always kept to the highest standard.The FDA and USDA have certainly failed us in a lot of ways

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.