Needing to change Food

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Needing to change Food

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tony S

Hello everyone my name is Tony, I have a 5 month old Fox Red Lab named Ruby. She’s quite the active pup and is currently on a Acana Pacifica Diet that I found good reviews for here. I was following the feeding guide lines recommended by Acana and found that Ruby was looking a little thin towards her back end, so I upped her daily food amount and she’s looking better. However she’s going through food like a horse. I was wondering if anyone could recommend another food that is more affordable but just as good as the current one I’m feeding her. Thanks for your help.

#116712 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Tony-
    Congrats on your new pup! I have two lab/retriever mix dogs. They are so adorable when they’re pups. But, quite a handful too!

I’d like to share this article with you because I believe your dog is probably considered a large breed puppy. This information is very important for the health of your dog’s joints.

/best-dog-foods/best-large-breed-puppy-food/

Controlling their growth and watching calcium levels is crucial! There is a list on the Editor’s Choice appropriate for large breed puppies. Good luck!

#117362 Report Abuse
    Craig C

Please go to Dr. Tim’s dog food website and look around. The food quality and customer service is outstanding! Yes, Dr. Tim is a vet, and real person. He has personally responded to 2 of my email requests for advice. Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.