šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

as some of u on here know I’ve been having some issues with my yorkie. H was paralyzied for about 5 hours we think it was some kind of seizure. We then tested him and his t4 was real low so my vet started him on thyroid medicine. For a couple of weeks he’s been choking not bad just once a day and usually after he wakes up. My vet did a xray test with food and barrium. He thought he might have megaesphogus but he didn’t. H did notice a tag or something in his esophogus. He did not know what it was so he scheduled me an appt. for Wed. at UGAvet school for a scope to be done. We are going to redo the test tomorrow to see if the tag,growth,etc. is still there. He has not had any choking since Wed and seems to feel good. He has been on his thyroid medicine for 5 weeks now and we will retest in 2 more weeks. This is my dilema If the place is still there tomorrow should I go to UGA for the scope or should I wait longer since he hasn’t done it in 5 days. I think my vet wants me to go but I’m scared for him to have to go through all that. He gets stressed so easy. Anyone have any ideas on what it could be and what should I do. For some reason I think it is related to the low thyroid.

#28602 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

If I had the means and finances, I would go as I would be worried of some kind of cancerous tumor. Did the vet check his upper palate/upper throat/nasal passages? My pug does regular reverse sneezing. Sounds terrible and sounds like he’s choking.

#28618 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

It’s not reverse sneezing. His food is even emptying into his intestines fine so its not food. It is a little something hanging. I’m on my way to the vet this morning and I pray it is gone. I think my vet is afraid of a tumor.

#28621 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

That shouldn’t have anything to do with low thyriod. He could have had something caught in his throat and it finally came loose. If it is still there, I would have it taken care of as soon as possible, nothing good can come of allowing something like that to grow, if it is a growth, and if it is cancer, caught small means the likelihood of being able to remove it completely is much, much higher.

#28632 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I just got back from the vet and the place was gone,thank u Jesus, My vet was so excited because he thought it was scar tissue from something. I’m going thru his toys today and I will watch the little terrier more closely because he does put everything in his mouth,I wish everyone could have my vet. He’s the best!!!!

#28633 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Awesome news! What a relief!

#28696 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

YAY!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.