Need advice for new food issue

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Need advice for new food issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eleanor Z

I switched my PWD to Dr. Tims Pursuit to try and alleviate almost constant itching and biting. The new food helped for about two weeks and then he was back to his old tricks. Next I tried Dr. Tims grain-free Kinesis, and he is doing amazingly well. Even his breath (which used to be horrid) is like a pup’s! His coat is great, his energy level is his usual energetic self, but, now he has a loose stool. It’s not awful, just softer and larger than I would expect. He has been on the food for a month. I thought maybe it would normalize but to no avail. By the way, his stool on the Pursuit was great, a small firm stool.
    Does anyone have any suggestions please?

#65203 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Have you asked Dr Tim? If you call the number, chances are he will be the one answering. He is also readily available on fb.

#65205 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Today is “Ask the Vet Tuesday” on Dr. Tim’s Facebook page. If you hurry, you might still be able to get an answer to your question from Dr. Tim today. https://www.facebook.com/DrTimsPetFood

Dr. Tim is also great about responding to emails. You can email him at [email protected]

I think the stool issue could indicate a food sensitivity. Some of my dog’s food intolerance issues take a while to present themselves. It’s confusing because he’ll do well on something, until he doesn’t. With my dogs, those were sensitivities to what I think of as sort of “secondary” ingredients, like flax. It could even be that the protein or fat level of the GF Kinesis is optimal for him.

Try a spoonful of plain, canned pumpkin mixed in with each meal and see if that helps firm things up.

Did you do a side by side ingredient comparison of the ingredients in the GF Kinesis and the Pursuit?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.