Life's Abundance

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Life's Abundance

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jim G

I am really trying to like Life’s Abundance dog food but have a problem. My 4 month old lab has been on it since I picked her up from the breeder. Her stools have always been loose, and at times, she has a hard time holding it in. I switched started giving her cooked chicken and rice. Stools were perfect and no accidents. I slowly reintroduced Life’s Abundance and the loose, mucusy stools started again. I have heard that a raw diet could be the way to go, but I am on a budget. Has anyone’s dog had loose stools with Life’s Abundance and if so, were you able to find a quality dry food that worked.

I’m not knocking Life’s Abundance. I’m sure it is great for some dogs, just not mine.

Thank you.

#82760 Report Abuse
    C4D

Hi Jim G,

It sounds like the food is not working for your dog. You’re breeder probably recommended Life’s Abundance because she get’s a percentage of sales. It’s sad, but true.

If her stools are normal on plain cooked chicken and rice, I would try another grain free food and slowly intoduce it to her. If that one doesn’t work, try another until you are getting the perfect stools again. Look through this forum for large breed puppy food. Since she’s a Lab, you need to feed her a Large Breed Puppy food so it has the correct calcium/phosphorus ratio.

#163039 Report Abuse
    Rose B
    Participant

A timely post for our situation. Our 5-month old Goldendoodle has had diarrhea on/off since we brought her home. She too is on Life Abundance dog food as recommended by the breeder (her husband is in sales for LA).
    The vet has had her on metronome twice and also has tried a series w/Fortiflora. Her stools will get somewhat normal looking but when treatment is finished and we go back on LA the runny mucusy stools return.
    We are currently back to bland diet for a few days of rice and cooked chicken.
    After reading your reply, the time to change dog foods seems the right was to go. I’ll check forum for brand suggestions. Open to anyone who has successfully made the switch. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.