🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kathy R

Hi Everyone,
    New to the site, just adopted a rescue and brought him home 2 days ago. We have not had a dog for 10 years so I have a lot to learn! But first things first…he needs a name. Family is in total disagreement on the name…poor boy! Current name he came with will not work as it is also my son’s name. Can I get some thoughts on the below choices?
    He is a 65# Aussie/Border Collie/Retriever mix…pix coming soon.

Or please add any great male dog names that you’ve got. Thank you!

Bowie (we are David Bowie fans…started adoption process the day he died)
    Dexter/Dex
    Bodie
    Audi or Audie (son is a car lover)
    Branson
    Dallas
    Kyrie (like the basketball guy)

#83066 Report Abuse
    Molly M

I actually like Brodie (not Bodie)-I think it would be mispronounced a lot.
    Other ideas. Sampson, Milo . It is such a personal choice though! Good luck.
    MM

#83073 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Kathy R-
    Congratulations on your new family member! I think you have to go with Bowie! Our dogs are named after sports stars. I think it’s a fun way to go. Best wishes!

#83082 Report Abuse
    anonymously

I like Bowie, because if it doesn’t quite fit…..you could call him Bo, for short, a perfectly respectful name.

#83089 Report Abuse

Congrats on the new dog! I really like Dexter 🙂 I also like Levi and Stensen (I’m from Texas lol)

#83092 Report Abuse
    El

Hi Kathy R

Congratulations, how exciting!!!

Ziggy Lives ;}

Okay, some quick advice. You are what you eat, fresh is best. Most dogs are waaay over vaccinated. The vet makes a lot of money off of those friendly reminders. Please research a minimal vaccine schedule.

Good luck, your cat will need it! Just kidding 😉

#83094 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi, thank-you for adopting a rescue dog, they know that they have been saved & he will give so much love in return…..I like Bowie, BOW when he’s naughty, or put 3 names you all want to call him, wrap the paper with name with kibble inside the paper & let him pick his name out of a bowl, the first bit of paper he pick up will be his name…just don’t let him eat the paper lol… also routine, get him in a routine ASAP, he’ll settle in quicker….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.