šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    petshop18
    Participant

I’ve given my dog about 3 different types of dog food within 1 week, the first one is her fav, good life then she got tired of it so i bought her something called gravy train she tried it once and never again. after that i bought her iams. i’ve been hearing iams isnt a good product so i want to by her wellness dog food brand. but she loves the iams now, my question is how and when should i stop giving her the iams and start on the wellness.

Pet Shop18 – Online Pet Shop

#14567 Report Abuse
    weimlove
    Participant

All of the brands you’ve been feeding are very low quality. The best diet for your dog is a raw diet. If you don’t want to go the raw route, try to find a kibble where atlesdt the first three ingredients are meat and that is grain free. Some quality brands are orijen, acana, taste of the wild, natures variety, and blue wilderness. Another great option is freeze dried food which all you do is add water and it re hydrates. A great one is the honest kitchen. When transitioning dry dog foods, gradually mix in the new food and then add more new food and less of your old brand over a one or two week period. If you are switching from a low quality to high quality, you may experience some loose stool at first, but you will be very happy because you don’t have to feed as much because there are more nutrients in higher quality foods. Hope that helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.