🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ringohop
    Participant

Has anyone ever noticed bad side effects from topical frontline plus? My dog has been throwing up and seems to be extra sleepy/lazy, the last two weeks. The only thing Different is I put frontline plus on her for the last two months.

#53900 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

My dogs always reacted to Frontline. I quit using it early on for that reason. In fact, I still have some left over.

#53951 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi, side effects wouldn’t be lasting 2 weeks, she may have another health problem, like Pancreatitis, Does she have a temperature?? maybe go vets & have blood test done…when my boy had a side effect to Advantage he vomited blood the once early hours of the morning, he had swollening side of his head & ear, he was off, not himself, not playing for about 3-4 days & sleeping…The Advantage was the first time I ever used it too, never again…yet I use the Advantage on my cat & he’s always fine…
    You say that you used the Frontline Plus the month before, you would of seen side effects the first time when you applied it….I’d say she has a health problem something is wrong…

#53957 Report Abuse
    JeffreyT

Google ‘Frontline Plus toxic’…you’ll find many other dogs who became sick or died. It’s not just Frontline…products like them also contain poisons that can harm or kill dogs and cats.
    A visit to the vet might be a good idea. Good luck. Please update when possible.

#53974 Report Abuse
    ringohop
    Participant

Today was a good day so far… no vomiting yet today and the day is almost over. I’m not sure what the problem has been but she seems to be better today, full of energy and playing in full force in between naps, and like I said no vomiting. She is sleeping sound as I write this and has slept off and on all day but not as much as the past few days. Fingers crossed what ever it was has passed!! Someone from my “small town” said there was a flu going around effecting dogs…??? (like I said “small town”, therefore “small town” talk) 🙂 Anyone heard of this before?

#53977 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I have heard about strange new bugs popping up, so maybe… Last year, it was the circovirus, this year, who knows. She should have been running a fever if that was the case. Call your vet and ask if there has been something going around. They should be the ones to know.

#54018 Report Abuse
    MelSnowy

Yes, agreed – I don’t use any more of the Seresto Collar with severe sfx as well as any ‘topicals’. I use FOOD GRADE Diatomaceous Earth, a natural tick (including deer tick) and flea prevention and rub into my dogs fur. Non-toxic and edible! WORKS GREAT!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.