šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    NectarMom

I have looked on their website and everywhere else and I cannot seem to find a fat content for the Turkey and Rabbit. My Mom has been feeding her yorkiesthe beef and now wants to try other proteins but I have looked and I cannot find any info on any of their Raw except for the chicken, beef and Fish. Does anyone know where this info is? I called the Company and the girl on the phone told me she did not know and for me to email the Company, well in the past I have emailed them a few times and never got an answer.

• This topic was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by NectarMom.
    #19669 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

If I called a company and the customer service representative told me that they didn’t know the fat content of their food I would not be feeding the food. I also would not feed a food if the company didn’t respond to my emails. The protein and fat levels for both the formulas you mentioned are listed on the Vital Essentials website though. The Rabbit formula has 50% protein and 27% fat (dry matter) and the turkey has 45% protein and 41% fat (dry matter basis).

#19671 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

Basically and honestly the Customer service almost everywhere SUX so then what would we base our opinions on just customer service and not the food itself?? People hire individuals everyday some place that cannot answer my questions. If I strickly based my opinion on the unhelpful and unfriendly and unknowledgable hired help then my dogs would starve. My Moms dogs are doing fantastic on this food but she wants to try a different variety and I was considering it myself.

Why is the fat content higher than per say Hare Todays ground rabbit and bones and organ mix? Same for turkey?

#19679 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

I agree there. Unfortunately most companies these days seem to have bad customer service – probably why I make my own food lol! Bad customer service is one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to dog food.

Fat content can very greatly depending on the cut of meat being used and how the meat is raised (i.e. grass fed versus not grass fed, etc., etc.).

#19724 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I sort of disagree with NectarMom. Yes, customer service does suck in ALOT of instances but I personally could not feed a food if I emailed more than once and got no answer and especially if the person answering the phone couldn’t direct me to someone who knew the answer. One raw food here got very good ratings but there is a warning in red lettering from dr mike, saying how bad the customer service is.

What would happen if your dogs got really sick and you got no answers? Would it matter how good the food was? For me, customer service is very important.

#19730 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

I would react just like I did when my 2 got Pancreatitis and bad bacteria when on Darwin’s I immediately get them to the Vet. The food Company would not help after your pet gets sick….Honestly they do not care and feel like you are just blamming them and or their food so they blow you off. I can almost instantly read it in their voice. Yes I agree Customer service is important but it is certainly not there anymore these days from my experience. I am still trying to find the perfect Raw for my dogs that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to ship. I can get Vital Essentials and Primal and Natures Instinct but my problem with the Primal and Natures Instinct is the veggies and fruits they put in them. My dogs are doing good on the Rabbit from Hare Today and My Pet Carnivore but the $45 shipping is killing me. What if I feed Raw low fat meats just from the grocery and add in Steve’s mix? I just don’t want to do all kibble since I have not seen a huge improvement on it. It seems like I am fighting a never ending battle with my dogs are their diet these days. I am beginning to think it has nothing to do with food but the way man has bred dogs for the last years, The DNA code has been terribly messed up. I know dogs to this day that are fed Pedigree and thrive and have no health issues…I won’t feed cheap/grain food to my dogs and try to feed the best I can but it seriously back fires on me. I am to the point of buying my own meat and cooking the snot out of it and adding in supplements and maybe then I won’t have problems. Sorry just venting. I honestly do not know which way to turn in the food direction.

#19733 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

Oh and I can also get this locally but I have only ever used the goats milk of theirs, I just learned today that they have Raw food http://www.answerspetfood.com/straight.html

#19734 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

HDM likes Answers; I can’t get it locally and I think I’ve seen one online place tht carried it, when I looked. She can probably help with that.

If you want to do raw, have you looked at Hare Today?

#19752 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

Hare Today and My Pet Carnivore is what I am using now and I am almost out! With 4 dogs they went through the Hare Today very fast and I ordered 10 lbs. We have been feeding Rabbit and I am trying to find Rabbit of some kind locally but no one has it. I am afraid of Chickens high fat and Beef is one of the Top allergy proteins so I am a bit parinoid of it. I am looking at Bison or Rabbit. I need a red meat and a white meat in their diets.

We tried the Goat Milk before and it is sortof high in fat but it says to feed their meats with goats milk so I am thinking that is a no go for my crew. I wish there were more companies that did just the meat, organs and bone mixture without veggies. I like the ready portions because it is easier with 4 dogs and working away from home.

I did Rabbit chunks with no bone today so I added in See Spot Live Longer Dinner mixes and my dogs would not eat it so I ended up rinsing the stuff off.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by NectarMom.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.