šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kelly S
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve always had my dogs on grain free/rarer protein foods due to skin allergies. However, she is almost 12 and her last bloodwork showed some signs of early kidney disease. The dr said we would recheck in 6 mos and if it is any higher, she will need a diet change. I am looking to start know (which he said was ok). However, I can’t seem to find any dog foods that are good for both. I did find Royal Canin multifunction renal and hydrolyzed protein, which is perfect, but it has been out of stock forever). Does anyone have any suggestions? The low phosphorus, lower protein, and added omegas seem to be the main things. Thanks!

#166435 Report Abuse
    Janet M
    Participant

My dog has kidney disease and canā€™t tolerate any of the commercial kidney disease kibble. She gets diarrhea. I have bags of unused food and have thrown some out. I have used Balance it, a website, where you have a canine nutritionist work your vet to develop a home made diet. I bought all of the ingredients and a scale, made the food and my dog couldnā€™t tolerate that. I thought I was buying a low protein raw food only to discover that isnā€™t really low protein after all. Iā€™m so stressed. If anyone has any suggestions, Iā€™d love to hear them. Right now, Iā€™m just reducing her regular food and adding a bunch of rice, hoping that reduces the amount of protein. I add a couple drops of high quality fish oil and nutritional yeast.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.