šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Susie S

I have a 5 month old Golden Retriever. He is a joy but has some digestive issues. Every since we got him at 8 weeks old he has had bouts of diarrhea. He has been on Holistic Select and now the vet has put him on Science Diet. He has only been on Science Diet for three days but he is sneezing and rolling around like he is itching. I am desperate to find a great food that will settle his digestive system and calm any allergies. He needs a good balanced growth food because of hip problems in Goldens. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#71563 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I suggest you go to the Diet & Health forum here, on top is a stickie about large breed puppy food.

#71566 Report Abuse
    Susie S

Sorry, this was my first post. I thought I was in that forum.

#71570 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Susie-
    You posted in the correct place. Marie was just trying to let you know about a thread that discusses the special requirements for large breed pups that help with avoiding joint issues. That is a good idea, but I was wondering about your pup’s digestive issues. How often does your pup have diarrhea and is it yellow or greenish in color? Could you be feeding too much? Have you had a fecal test done recently? It is common for pups to have parasites or worms that could cause this.

You say he is rolling and sneezing. Could he have seasonal allergies? Which Science Diet recipe is he on?

Five month old golden, oh boy, I bet he’s a wonderful handful! Check out the review side of this site for the article on feeding large breed pups to learn about the latest information on the best calcium levels for them. Let us know more in order to help better!

#71598 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Thanks C4C.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.