šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Preston
    Participant

Hey! I just wanted to let you all know of a brand that is very much unheard of from a bison ranch called Northstar Bison. It’s a canned food containing only meat from the farms’ grass-fed/finished bison and vitamins/minerals. Why I wanted to recommend it is because it’s rare to find a food that not just contains meat but contains meat from humanely treated animals fed a natural diet. I’m sure you all know that the majority of beef for instance in dog food is grain-fed and treated not the best. Another thing I never knew about the beef industry is that they are castrated which is what makes them put on more fat but bison generally aren’t which equals a leaner meat. There is also bone included which is rare to see. I’m not an expert in dog nutrition but it’s always nice to see actual animal bone in dog food vs. calcium from a synthetic source. The only other food I have seen that in is Ziwi. The farm is open about everything on their website. You can tell it’s a major step up from the other cans. It’s pricier than most but I would have loved to know about this food years ago and so wanted to share that with you all. Enjoy!

Bison Feast Canned Dog Food

#155715 Report Abuse
    Melinda M
    Participant

Sounds very similar to the ingredients in Lean cuts I feed my dog. I live in Canada. This canned food by lean cuts is shipped from B.C.
    I will look into this food. My dog loves bison.

#155876 Report Abuse
    Maureen R
    Participant

Greetings! Thank you so much! After some research I believe my dog hahas allergies as well as DLE. Due to the current situation my vet is not open and only emergent cases are being taken. So I am going to work on treating her naturally with organic food, vitamin e niacinamide and keep an eye on her flaking, runny sometimes inflamed nose. She coughs sometimes sneezes. I live in the Finger Lakes New York and just in the last week her nose has become terribly flaky and bled once. I softly ran a q-tip under the front to see if there was something in there and there was what seems to be a hardened scab that came out. Today I am going to try a 25 mg benydryl to see if she has relief. She has a bit of eye discharge. Nothing from the nose or eye indicates infection for example, no green or yellow or smelly stuff. Wishus luck and thankyou all.

#167794 Report Abuse
    Kevin P
    Participant

Well, thanks for the tips they are really helpful. I found great benefits in having organic food for my pet dog and for myself from Wegmans. Organic food is often fresher because it doesn’t contain preservatives that make it last longer. Organically raised animals are NOT given antibiotics, growth hormones, or fed animal byproducts. It is proven that Organic farming tends to be better for the environment.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.