šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Shasta220

I’m taking care of two dogs right now. Jubilee is a smooth collie, and the other, Nebula, is a lab/Aussie. They’re both around 13.

Nebby has been having diarrhea for a few days, so the owner is having me feed her pumpkin or sweet potatoes in addition to her kibble. They’re on NutriSource GF and haven’t had stool problems (Jubilee gets very hard stools, so we give her a drizzle of olive oil which helps tremendously).

It’s been a few days now, and the stools are more like the pudding/soft-serve ice cream texture, but they’re finally retaining their shape (observing poop. So fun, eh?). The owner suspected it was because they got into some elk scat, but they get into that regularly and loose stools go away within a day.

I’m starting to think that they might benefit from a probiotic in their older age to help w any possible digestion issues.

Do you have favorite brands of probiotics that I should recommend to the owners? Or is there some other addition that we should try for the girls? Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.