🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    InkedMarie

What a week last week was. Boone had a dental last Monday & they needed to do two extractions (both on top, way in the back, last tooth on each side). That was no problem.

Two days after that, my 6yr old grandaughter had a mini root canal & crown. That night, around 7pm, Boone started bleeding. Luckily our new vet is open til 8pm. We went over, they had to knock him out to re-stitch.

Last Saturday, we were out & our son came to let the dogs out. He called us because Boone wasnt acting right. He thought we left something in his crate that he chewed up. We hadn’t. He was panting, shaking, not barking. It took us an hour to get home & off to the ER vet we went. He was running a fever, 103.5, was shaking, tongue hanging out….speaking of his tongue, while we were in the waiting room, we wondered if it was always that purplish color. The vet asked us the same thing. His lymph nodes in his neck were swollen which is no surprise due to two extractions. They checked his oxygen saturation which was fine, did a chest xray which was fine too. We picked up a thermometer to check his temp which has been fine.

His 2 teeth that were extracted were cracked so no marrow bones for him (he hasnt been getting those anymore) and no more Nylabones Dura chews for him.

Here’s hoping for no more health issues with either one!

#68541 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I’m glad he’s finally doing better.

#68546 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Poor guy! Hope he starts feeling better soon. My little Ginger is getting a dental done Thursday, provided her blood work comes back on. She’s probably going to come home with no teeth… Lol we’ll be suffering doggy dentals together! Tell that boy to stop giving you such a hard time 🙂

#68551 Report Abuse
    jakes mom

Hope he’s on the road to recovery, you’ve all been thru enough lately.
    Akari, Ginger will be in my thoughts on Thursday!

#68553 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Im sure Ginger will do fine. Gemma met us, with teeth, had a dental & spay and was toothless!

#68554 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

A spay and a dental in one go?? Poor girl LOL

#68567 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

She was in rescue, they didn’t do anything til we said we wanted her (she was a senior, they probably waited to see if anyone wanted her) then yes, all of that in one procedure.

#68616 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Aw, I’m sorry Boone wasn’t feeling well! I’m glad he is better know, and I hope he continues to do well!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.