šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Blake E

We are in need of some advice, we have got own first puppy. Ted is an 11 week old Cockapoo, we had been feeding on the ‘Royal Canine Mini Junior’ but we had decided we wanted to feed him in a raw food diet. So we went into to PAH and brought a bag of Natures Menu Puppy Raw food, however after giving Ted his first meal this morning of Raw Food, it is as though this has gone straight throu him and now has diarrhoea.

So I gues my question is are we right to of done this so soon? Or should we of kept him in dry food??

Thanks in advance!!

#88926 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

Hi Blake-

One thing you have to understand about kibble and raw is that they are completely different. One is cooked at higher temps and one is not cooked at all. I wouldn’t expect an 11 week old dog to be able to handle swapping from one type of diet to another over night.

Best thing to do at this point is reintroduce the kibble and then when the diaherra has stopped slowly start incorporating the raw food into his diet. You need to transition him to raw just like you would to another kibble, but even slower.

Best of luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.