🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lihan Z

My 6 month old corgi started losing his interest in dry food, he usually finishes his food completely within a minute. Now not only he can be easily distracted when eating, he also just stops when he has a lot left to eat. I don’t think he is being unhealthy because he’s super energetic as usual and he is still crazy about his canned food. His lost of appetite happened after our hiking and camping trip for a night, I fed him a lot of treats during the trip I’m not sure if that caused what’s happening now. Does anyone have the same issue? What should I do? Thanks…

He is eating wellness core dry food and Go! canned food and he has been eating them for about a month now.

#55827 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

Do you mix the dry and the canned? That might help, and add some water to it so it really mixes up. Does he have any problems eating just the canned? You could try that for a while. Canned food is better for them anyways. Good luck! 🙂

#55829 Report Abuse
    Lihan Z

When I mix the dry and the canned he just swallows the food instead of chewing them… He has never ate just the canned, I think I’ll try sometime. Thanks.

#55830 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Another thing to consider is that he is at an age where his growth is going to slow down and he may naturally need less food.

#55831 Report Abuse
    USA

Hi Lihan Z,

I think you have a very smart dog there! Canned foods are a more natural diet for a dog than kibble. Canned foods are less processed than kibble, and don’t need a lot of inappropriate starches to hold them together.

Most kibbles contain meat meals (beef, turkey, chicken, etc) which in my opinion are one of the most inappropriate and low quality foods for a dog. If you are able to feed your puppy only high quality canned foods then that’s what I would do!

Good luck with your pup!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.