šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Liz S
    Participant

I am interested in dehydrated food.

What are the pros and cons of it? Compared to dry? To canned?

#50538 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Dehydrated food is less processes than most canned foods, and obviously much less than dry food. As far as feeding goes, it’s fed about the same as any canned diet, in a higher volume than dry.

It’s a good choice for dogs that need a less processed and/or more limited diet (you can buy pre-mixes where you add your own protein source).

And both canned and dehydrated are better for adding water to the diet. They are more species appropriate, due to the water content.

About the only down side is cost, but small dogs aren’t very expensive to feed.

#50585 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Cons: it’s the most expensive! Some brands might not hydrate as well as others.

Pros: shelf stable, easy to travel with, doggie daycare will serve it as opposed to frozen raw food, light weight, can be used as treats

#50645 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I have used The Honest Kitchen for almost ten years; always will. My dogs love it! I can’t add to the pros & cons; Sandy & Akari covered them.

#50794 Report Abuse
    Robin P

I am feeding my 12 year old 100 lb. lab nutro for seniors/large breed-in a can. He seems fine with it, but I am looking for some reassurance that this is a good diet for him. Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.