My beloved Piper…

Dog Food Advisor Forums Pet Memorials My beloved Piper…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robyn O

We lost our beloved chihuahua Piper almost 6 weeks ago and I’m still torn up about it. She was just the best dog and she is so missed.

We got her from a family friend who had to go to a nursing home. Piper was 10 years old at the time and lost the only home she’d ever known. I knew she’d need extra care and to be spoiled and that’s what we did. I was battling cancer at the time and I think she knew I needed extra care too. We became immediate, fast friends. I loved learning that even though she was a senior dog, she loved to play. She was silly and goofy and loved people. She could be a little shy at first but once you were her friend, you were her friend for life.

She became my comfort during my treatment and the pain that followed. She would comfort me when I cried and made me laugh every single day. Some days, she was the only thing that kept me going. I didn’t give up because of her and I owe her my life to her!

She was diagnosed with congestive heart failure at 13. We nursed her back to health and she was doing so well on her medication!! The doctors thought she could live for several years, she responded so well. But In late June, everything changed. She was fine on Tuesday. On Wednesday, she was running into walls. By Wednesday afternoon, she’d lost the use of her front left leg. We rushed her to the vet and they kept her overnight to monitor her. They told us she’d gone completely blind and that they hoped it was a stroke. She could recover from that. She continued to go downhill and they advised us that it was probably a brain tumor. We (and the vets) couldn’t believe it!! Her condition was grave but she was stable so we decided to bring her home. We had the most wonderful weekend with her. She rallied for us and even began to walk again. She was blind but knew we were there for her. We didn’t leave her side all weekend. We honestly thought the vet had made a mistake. That she’d recover. But by Monday morning she wasn’t eating. That evening, she began to have uncontrollable seizures. We couldn’t watch her suffer anymore.

The second seizure had made her scared but when we brought her to the vet I just think she knew it was time and calmed down immediately. That wasn’t normal for her. She was ready. I wasn’t. But I tried to be calm and I held my best friend through the whole thing. It was a peaceful end for her. I’m grateful for that.

I’ve been devastated ever since. She gave me so much more than I could ever have given her. She was kind, funny and sweet. She knew my heart and I knew hers. She was my companion almost 24/7 and I love her more than words can ever say. I do believe that dogs go to Heaven and that I’ll see her again. Until then, I cry tears for her every day. I’ll see you again, sweet Piper, my little love!!!!

#180693 Report Abuse
    emma S
    Participant

online gaming describes any computer game that gives on-line interactions with different players. Video games accustomed be classified by {an on-line|a web|an internet} Content PEGI descriptor to indicate whether or not they were online or not. However, as most games currently give on-line interactions this distinction is not any longer used.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by emma S.
    #180695 Report Abuse
    Annah K
    Participant

We lost our beloved dachshund. We know how hard it is, so hold on tight.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Annah K.
    #186609 Report Abuse
    Dave N
    Participant

OMG it’s horrible 🙁 i’m very sorry 🙁

_________
    I love kids – https://www.barnetest.no/category/mat-drikke/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.