Heads up

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #93017 Report Abuse

    henriette p
    Member

    WASHOUGAL, Wash. — A Washougal woman claims three of her dogs got sick and another died after eating canned dog food last weekend.

    Nikki Mael of Washougal says she fed her four dogs Evanger’s Hunk of Beef with au jus wet food on New Year’s Eve. Within about 15 minutes, Mael said all four dogs began acting very strangely and rushed all of them to an animal hospital.

    “They were falling over. So I grabbed them all and took them to the emergency vet. And when they got there, they were just limp. They weren’t moving or anything. And so they were in ICU. Tito and Talula ate the most [food] and Talula passed away,” Mael said.

    The others have come home with Mael.

    KATU has reached out to Evanger’s but has not yet heard back, but the company donated the full fundraising goal on Mael’s page with the message:

    “We at Evanger’s are deeply horrified about this. We take the safety and quality of our products as top priority. We need to investigate and act upon this issue immediately and would require the LOT code found on the bottom of the can. Please email or get in contact with us. We also feed our own dog, Lilly, this food.”

    No recall has been issued.

    #93074 Report Abuse

    Susan W
    Member

    Wow – thanks

    #95188 Report Abuse

    amy r
    Member

    This food recently had a recall for phenobarbital being in the canned food

    #98419 Report Abuse

    Nancy N
    Member

    Evanger’s is also involved with this product, also containing pentobarbital…
    http://truthaboutpetfood.com/two-varieties-of-party-animal-pet-food-tests-positive-for-pentobarbital/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.