🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi All,

I just wanted to share about the great deal Amazon has on the #8 Weston meat grinder right now. The Weston 575 Watt Electric Heavy Duty Grinder usually retails for about $150 but Amazon is selling it for $98.99 today. I bought mine on May 27 for $86.66. It may not be under $100 for long. If you want to try making your own homemade raw, I would suggest this grinder as a place to start. I didn’t want to spend $500-$700 on a really good grinder until I was sure I could fully commit the time to prep/grind. I bought two Harvestland fryer chickens from BJ’s last night for $1.49/lb and prepped them for grinding today. I ground through about 8 lbs of chicken in less than 10 minutes. It was awesome!

#43032 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

I got the Sunmile 1HP 5# Grinder for Christmas – stainless steel. It’s $76.99 on Amazon. It’s been great so far. I’d highly recommend that for a starter grinder too.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by Hound Dog Mom.
    #43045 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

Do they both grind bone?

#43046 Report Abuse

Mine did. In the directions it says not to grind bones but it handled chicken bones just fine. I ground all of the bones except the leg bones. I think I maybe could have ground those too if I broke them up with a mallet first but I didn’t want to break it on my first run. 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.