feeding schedule for 8 week old puppy?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Off Topic Forum feeding schedule for 8 week old puppy?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lemondrops

I’ve read about how puppies should be fed 3-4 times a day. I’m wondering what the timing should be of these meals. Should they be evenly spaced like 7 am, 1 pm, 7 pm, and 1 am? Should meals be spaced closer together – for example, 7 am, 11:30 am, 4 pm, 8:30 pm?

I’d like to get a Pomeranian puppy someday and I’ve read about Pomeranians experiencing hypoglycemia, so I’m worried if having a long period of time without eating could be dangerous. However, I’ve heard about giving a final meal a while before bed (I think for housebreaking reasons) and I don’t think I’ve ever read of anyone getting up in the middle of the night to feed their puppy.

If anyone has any suggestions for a feeding schedule for a young puppy, I’d appreciate it.

#80010 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I can’t answer about pups with hypoglycemia but my last puppy was almost 10yrs ago. He ate an hour after I got up, about 4-5hrs after that then 4-5hrs after that. Same thing I’ve done for 28yrs of owning dogs and the same thing I’ll do when my next puppy comes home (very very soon).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.