🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Took my yorkie to vet today. He said digestive enzymes might cause his lipase and amalase to be higher on his blood work. They are already a little higher than they should be. I was giving him digestive enzymes to help lower them not make them higher. Patty or HDM is this true?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Mike Sagman. Reason: Fix Duplicate Topic Title
    #26366 Report Abuse
    EnzymesForPets
    Participant

Lipase and Amylase are enzymes. The blood work showed readings for the levels of these enzymes? In the case of your dog having elevated lipase and amylase (his natural ones would be made by his pancreas), how would adding more digestive enzymes help him to have less digestive enzymes? (sorry for my wording… trying not to confuse myself 😉 )

#26371 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Enzymesforpets what would help to lower his amylase and lipase enzymes?

#27153 Report Abuse
    Whitney
    Participant

I started giving my dogs water Kefir and one of them is REALLY gassy now. Is it a transition or maybe just a phase she is going through?

#30068 Report Abuse
    Dutch

I would say most likely a transition or even a detox’n like affect. Any updates? This is a very informative site but sad to see in the forum- threads end so abruptly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.