šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    weimlove
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’m wondering if it’s ok to feed shark meat bones and organs. My dad caught a shark and saved me the scraps. I know I would have to freeze it for a month or so but would it be ok to feed?

#15923 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi weimlove –

As far as wild game, I’ve only fed my dogs venison that my dad shoots. I’ve honestly never contemplated feeding shark or heard of anyone feeding it. I did a quick search and found two sites that say it is safe to feed: petmanage.com/fish-health/raw-fish-diet-for-dogs.html and rawlearning.com/fish.html. I would definitely give it a good long freeze though. I also wouldn’t go overboard as I’d assume shark is high in mercury.

#15925 Report Abuse
    weimlove
    Participant

Hdm- yeah I’ve never heard of anyone feeding it either but I’ll definitely take a look at those sites. I know that a dog in the wild wouldn’t be able to eat a shark so I’m not sure if I’ll be feeding it. Thanks for your help! Also have you heard of blue ridge beef products? I’ve recently found a place where I can order it from. They carry a lot of variety of meat at very affordable prices. I ordered green tripe abs shadow loves it!

#15927 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Yes I’ve heard of Blue Ridge Beef. I’m unable to get it in my area but I’ve read good things about it online and their products look great.

#15930 Report Abuse
    weimlove
    Participant

Oh ok, yeah it’s the only source I’ve found so far for green tripe. I can get five pounds for eight dollars so the price is ok. I can also get ground turkey from them for around a dollar a pound.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.