🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Kayla

I recently got him from the shelter few months ago, and I was told Austrian Shepherd but he looks like he might be mixed with something… any thoughts? He is around 1 years old and weighs about around 40 pounds close to 50!

#53772 Report Abuse
    Kayla

How can I post a picture of my pup?

#53773 Report Abuse
    Kayla

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Kayla.
    #53775 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

My first thought is border collie and/or cattle dog mix of some sort

#53777 Report Abuse
    Kayla

Yeah, I think he is mixed! The vet and the shelter both said Austrian Shepherd and maybe another breed but they didn’t say what. I am just curious.

#53778 Report Abuse
    Kayla

He has double dew claws at the back two paws, and one eye is crystal blue and the other is half brown/ half crystal blue. Beautiful pup… but just curious what he might be mixed with. Vet said he still has some growing to do and he will get bigger!

#53779 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

definitely could be. That’s part of the fun of mixes, figuring out what they are, or not even figuring it out. Looks like an energetic, fun dog one way or the other!

#53782 Report Abuse
    Naturella

I think you mean AustrALian Shepherd – my guess is that plus a pitt mix. Either way, he’s a handsome boy! 🙂

#53783 Report Abuse
    Kayla

This is true. Thank you for your input 🙂

#53784 Report Abuse
    Dori

I don’t have anything to add as to breed, I just wanted to say that I absolutely love his face and expression. Lucky you Kayla and lucky dog to have found his forever home and a mom that is on DFA asking questions. Very well done. He’s a beauty.

Aquariangt. Your guesses seem to be very good. I was thinking the same though I’ve never had either breed.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Dori.
    #53786 Report Abuse
    Kayla

I thought about that too Naturella and thank you 🙂

And thank you Dori 🙂 He is so sweet, funny and loving! Very energetic and smart! He makes the funniest expressions sometimes ha. And thank you for your input 🙂

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#53787 Report Abuse
    Kayla

This is my first dog that is his kind! So I have tons of questions I am doing research on. I have had other pets, such as different breeds and cats etc. I have also trained and dogsitted different breeds but never this breed… so I am not too familiar with this breed.

#53790 Report Abuse
    Naturella

He’s such a cutie! What is his name?

#53792 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Cute pics! Thanks for sharing!

#53797 Report Abuse
    Kayla

Dexter 🙂

#53820 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Perfect name!! From the first picture I thought Pit mix. The blocky head is beautiful. He has Gideon’s exact expression on his face in the second picture, so that’s my vote for BC mix. He looks like a very happy boy.

#56979 Report Abuse
    Gloria K

KAYLA, how on earth were you able to post a picture of your dog? I’ve been trying to figure that out for several days now. I don’t see anywhere to upload a photo.

#56981 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Gloria-
    I think that most people use something like photo bucket to post pictures on the forum. It is much easier to post on the review side of this site. It directs you right to your pictures when you click on the little box in the left hand corner on that site. It took me over a year to figure out the gravatar site as well. Lol! You could always go to the off topic thread on the review side and post your picture. That is what I usually do. Welcome to DFA!

#56982 Report Abuse
    Gloria K

Thanks so much for the reply crazy4cats. I have to say while this site is extremely informative and I’ve grown to really like it, it is probably the most difficult site I have ever navigated. It is not user-friendly that’s for sure. I just wish there was an easier way to change my profile photo to my dog’s photo instead and like almost all other sites and forums there was an easy way to post a photo like clicking on a camera icon. And all other sites I download directly from my camera roll or photo stream on my iPad and iPhone. Soooo easy!
    How about it administrators? Think you can make it easier for us?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Gloria K.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.