šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anthony D

I have a 2 and 1/2 year old golden retriever that has within the past 4 to 5 weeks become very afraid of TV and has become very “clingy” and “skittish.” When the TV is on, she runs by and sits in the other room. It is the same TV we had when we brought her home as a puppy. While visiting relatives this weekend, she was afraid of their TV also. She hates having her harness pulled over her head. She jumps at sudden movements. Nothing else has changed. She still loves to play and run. Her daily schedule has not changed. About the same time this started, I started her on Nutrisource Chicken and Rice Large Breed Adult dog food. She loves it. She still loves going in the car. But she follows us around the house like she’s afraid. Today, I sat in the garage with her during a lightning and thunderstorm and it didn’t bother her in the least. We don’t have any idea what has caused this.

#74432 Report Abuse
    jakes mom

time for a trip to the vet. She’s kind of young for health issues like hypothyroid but some diseases can cause anxiety like you describe. Doubt it has anything to do with the new food, tho. Good luck.

#74434 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

Health checkup is always good to make sure you aren’t dealing with anything bigger than a normal behavior issue.

Was she in the room when something loud happened on the TV? Where does she sit when the tv is on regularly? Where does she sit the last few weeks? How long has the harness been an issue? How often does she wear it? How long has she been afraid of sudden movements?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.