šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hey gang i know this subject has been beat to death but i want to get a more current and updated list of the different omega supplements that you are giving your dogs. My local vet bottles his own supplement but i want some variety. Please comment guys. Ive seen Grizzley Salmon Oil mentioned a couple times.

#28267 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Omega 3s are very delicate, so the best way to give them is to buy the human grade capsules. Usually there are enough omega 6s naturally occurring in the diet.

#28268 Report Abuse

I used to use the Grizzly Salmon Oil in the pump dispenser but I got 2 bottles in a row that were rancid when I got them. I switched to another brand for awhile but after reading info on this site I have switched to the human omega 3 capsules. I have a Great Dane (155 lbs) so I go with products that pack a punch. I rotate between Carlson Salmon Oil Complete (a recommendation from HDM) and Swanson’s Maximum Stength Krill Oil.

And I agree with Patty. There should be enough omega 6s in the diet so I wouldn’t supplement with it.

#28276 Report Abuse

Just to mix things up- my hound can’t have Salmon so I use Icelandic Pure Sardine Oil instead.

#28282 Report Abuse

FHH is this the Iceland sardine oil that you use?

#28303 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I have one dog who can’t have soy so he gets Vital Choice salmon oil. It’s costly so the other two get Carlson.

#28310 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I give mine chia seed, sardine oil and krill oil.

#28315 Report Abuse

Have you guys tried the Nordic naturals?

#28321 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Ive used Nordic Naturals for myself, not the dogs. Natural citrus flavorā€¦.that could have soy for all I know so Boone won’t take it. The other two could, though.

#28345 Report Abuse

Yep – that’s the one I use. Harry loves sardines so he loves this also. Salmon wreaks havoc with him.

#29315 Report Abuse
    dogspotindia

Hey I think you should go with the "My Beau coat supplement palaMOUNTAINS" and "Salmon Oil Supplement 425 ml Beaphar" both have Omega 3 + 6 and you can find this products at online pet shop.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by dogspotindia.
    #29325 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Dogs rarely need any added omega 6s. They get plenty in any kind of food that they are being fed.

#30070 Report Abuse
    Dutch

Wysong has a new Omega-3 product out: http://www.wysong.net/products/omega-3-spectrum-pet.php?offer=fs but I’ve yet to test it out on my mini-schnauzer. He’s been on this for the longest time: http://www.kalahealthinternational.com/dermatrix_en.htm

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.