šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Judy
    Participant

Hi,

Does anybody have recommendations on what meat grinder I can purchase to grind chicken bones? I tried the Waring Pro MG105 and I fed into it a few chicken wings and immediately the machine clogged up even with the biggest plate settings. It looks like the grinder didn’t like the skin and everything just turned into a big bloody mush. I’m returning the grinder back to the store and I don’t know what to get next or where to buy a decent meat grinder. I can only find meat grinders online or at stores like Bed Bath and Beyond (which only had 1 model) and Sears, Walmart. Any stores anyone can recommend? I didn’t want to go through the hassle of return shipping if the meat grinder doesn’t perform to what I need. Also, I’m looking for something somewhat affordable. Please share any knowledge of experience you have. Thank you.

#15397 Report Abuse
    weimlove
    Participant

Is there a specific reason you need to grind? Chicken bones are very sift, and great for dental health. With grinding, you lose all of the great dental benefits.

#15432 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Alot of folks like the Cabela’s 1 to 1.5 horsepower grinder and say that grinding chicken is no problem. I think those are $350 or less. I use a Weston 22 which has no problem with chicken to turkey to pork ribs but it was over $500.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.