JR/Chihuahua mix

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health JR/Chihuahua mix

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Susan F

He is 2 years old, has symptoms of vomiting occasionally, not wanting to eat, loud GI sounds. I have changed dog food many times the past 6 months, no change. Gone to vet says nervous dog, on reglan, Prilosec,prozac. Not better. I am so concerned and scared and frustrated. Any idea’s about what is going on and what I can do to correct the problem?

#48467 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

I’m bumping up your post so someone will see it and hopefully help you out. Good luck!

#48472 Report Abuse

Susan-can you elaborate? When and how often does he vomit? Is that the only symptom? Seems like he is on a lot of meds for a dog with no diagnosis..

#48476 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Susan, My Patch had the stomach/bowel gurgling & rumbles, its actually gases going thru their bowels, vet said it was Colitis, He was also vomiting some early hours of the morning, yellow acid & was put on 1/3 of a Zantac or around 11am he’d vomit his breakfast which was kibble, so now I give him Tuna in spring water drained with Pumkin for breakfast now & he has stopped the vomiting & whinging of a morning, I was adding a boiled egg, but I think the egg yoke had too much fat as he’d started his whinging again & wanted me to rub his tummy around his right rib cage… Patch has to have a very low fat diet, I cant give him a kibble with the fat% over 11-12% fat…If he eats chicken of a night or tin foods he gets his rumbles early hours of the morning, so he gets his Eukanuba Intestinal low residue kibble mixed with Wellness Simple Duck & Oatmeal as Im slowley introducing him to the Wellness Simple kibble we are half way.. Has the vet put him on a low fat diet yet….also I found Patch cant have a high protein diet either has to be around 23% Protein or we are up early hours of the morning with his rumbles or eating grass to vomit…. Patch is also a stress head, starts to shake & vibrate if he hears firer works, thunder, neighbours yelling etc..In the end the vet said he has IBD & Pancreatitis & his Skin Allergies..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.