🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Danielle B

I have a 3 month old English Bulldog who suffered from a long bout of diarrhea, after doing research on this site I decided to try Wellness Core puppy formula. He is now almost completely weaned from the prescription EN diet the vet put him on to Wellness. He is experiencing a lot of gas, very unpleasant gas!! I am not sure what this means or how to handle. Any suggestions, please!

#94869 Report Abuse
    Danielle B

Oh I should mention the diarrhea is gone with the Wellness.

#94873 Report Abuse
    elaine c

I am an experienced dog trainer meaning that I have a lot of different experience with dog food. My little pittie had very bad gas and couldn’t keep anything down.. and had diarrhea. I switched to Answers Pet food and the diarrhea stopped the gas stopped and my dog is so much better. I can not recommend this food more. I bought very expensive 5 star food, kibble, and this new food changed both my dogs! Check it out answerspetfood.com it is extraordinary. I would NEVER feed kibble again… too processed.

#94874 Report Abuse
    elaine c

what I forgot to say is that when I changed foods the gas stopped completely. I now think that when a dog has any gas it is because the food is not digesting well and not good for them

#94875 Report Abuse
    John L

I usually consider whether the gas is bothering the dog or just me. If it’s just me I’m less concerned. Besides changing food again you should confirm if you are giving the correct amount as recommended on the package, consider if the dog is eating too rapidly or other things that could contribute to gas because the already mentioned issue of it simply not agreeing. Any gas caused solely by a change in diet I would expect to subside in a week or two after the switch.

#94877 Report Abuse
    Ellene C

I have English bulldogs and I had a problems with gas, diarrhea and skin issues. I had had such great results with Taste of the Wild with my Cavaliers I decided to try it with my Bullies. Wonderful results no diarrhea, gas, and the skin issues disappeared.

#94878 Report Abuse
    Joelle V
    Participant

Perhaps add a probiotic. I use Fortiflora and Thorne Bacillus Coagulans.

#94881 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Your pet is experiencing food intolerance to one or more ingredients in what you’re feeding. Excessive gas is very stomach upsetting for a pup and can cause bloating. I had to keep searching for the right food until I found Zignature kibble formulas. All of my dogs’ symptoms disappeared in a week. They felt better, ran faster, great stools. So you just have to find the right ingredients as opposed to prescriptions, pills, probiotics etc. Food allergy testing is crucial.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.