đŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I went to a pet shop to buy my dog’s food and noticed that a few bags were shrunken as though they were vacuumed.

Anyone got an idea why?

#33076 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

The bags are loaded and sealed while the kibble is still warm. As the kibble cools the air around it contracts.

#33077 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

And to go along with what Patty said, companies like to tell you if their packages are shrink wrapped because they claim the product is fresher when the packages are that way….I guess due to the fact the product is warm when when put in the bags and it keeps air out.

#33078 Report Abuse
    beagleowner

Thank you to all of you who gave advice and remarks about homemade dog food for Henry Beagle. We did, in fact, go through our Vet who approved our dog food recipe plus added vitamins. Henry tore his ACL and was recuperating well. However on Jan. 12 the something happened around 7pm. He was restless, panting and did not eat his evening meal. I stayed with him all nite and he slept a little and we rushed him to the Vet first thing in the morning. Unfortunately both sides of his heart had failed and he was dying. We lost Henry that day. Our vet said there was nothing we did or could have done to prevent this from happening. I am mourning this loss and it is so difficult but wanted to thank all of you who were so interested and helpful in your suggestions and advice.

#33091 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Oh, I’m so sorry about Henry. We have them for such a short time. Please take care of yourself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.