Dumb question but I have an ant hill in my back yard where Bailey plays. It is under the straw so I can put something on it and water it in and put the straw back but I am paranoid about chemicals. Does anyone know of something safe I can put on them. Thanks
Microwave or otherwise boil water, add dish soap, make a depression in the middle of the pile, and pour in the water as fast as it soaks in. The dish soap helps it absorb into the ground faster and the too hot water kills ants and eggs. If you get enough of it in there, you might get lucky and kill the queen. You can add poisons to this to get them in the pile faster, but I always try the least toxic methods.