Dr. Marty Goldstein is one of America’s best-known veterinarians. His career, which spans more than 50 years, has seen him become a familiar face on major network television shows such as The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Martha Show and Good Morning America.
He’s also the face of Dr. Marty’s Nature’s Blend freeze-dried raw dog food so he knows a thing or two about canine nutrition.
We asked subscribers to Dog Food Advisor’s newsletter (you can sign up here) to submit their questions to Dr. Goldstein, which they did in their hundreds. We selected the most common questions and put them to him. You can see and hear his answers in the two videos below.
- Why is my dog a picky eater? Either always or intermittently.
- Why is my dog always itchy?
- How do I help my dog lose weight?
- Can a dog who otherwise appears healthy benefit from probiotics or pre-biotics?
- Do you have any advice for making dog food at home?
- How important are flea and tick treatments?
- What are your views on dog food supplements?
- When and how should I transition my puppy to adult food?
- What can cause my dog’s coat to thin or lose its shine?
- Should I express my dog’s anal glands?
- How can I deal with my dog’s food allergies?
- What is the most important thing you can do for your dog, besides a proper diet?
- How do I feed a senior dog?
- What made you become a veterinarian?
- What common ingredients in dog food would you avoid?
- Is diet rotation a good thing? If so, can you give me some tips on how to do it?
- How do I figure out why my dog is having diarrhea?
- Can you give us one of your favorite dog-related stories?
Please remember that Dr. Goldstein’s answers are his personal opinions and not those of Dog Food Advisor, nor are they a substitute for consulting a vet. Please see the full disclaimer below!
The views expressed by Dr. Marty in this video are his own and do not necessarily represent the views of the Dr. Marty® brand. The content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment, or medical advice for your dog. Consult with a vet for any health-related concerns, as information on this channel is not a substitute for professional advice. Dog Food Advisor, Dr. Marty, and the Dr. Marty® brand are not responsible for any actions taken based on the information provided in this video.