Dog Food Advisor Forums Taylor C

Taylor C

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Senior Chihuahua with bloody, green, thick mucus #162059 Report Abuse
    Taylor C
    Participant

    I just wanted to let you know that we had her CT scan done last Monday and on Thursday evening the vet had called me back with some extremely devastating news … she had a large mass in her right nasal cavity that had migrated up to her cranial area as well as a lump in her lymph node (on the same side) that was almost positively cancerous. The steroids stopped working and the cancer had started to push everything from her right side over to her left so she lost the use of her left nasal passage. I tried tumeric, CBD drops, herbs specifically meant to fight cancer and it was all in vain, there was no turning back for her. I made the hardest decision of my life on Sunday evening to finally put her to sleep. She was struggling and I couldn’t watch her suffer anymore, she deserved peace. If there’s anyone on here who is currently struggling with the same symptoms in your fur babies I urge you to go straight to a CT scan. What breaks my heart is that I tried treatment and after treatment with no avail because it was masked as “allergies” or a “foreign body” and maybe, just maybe if I had of caught it early I could have turned things around. Just wanted to give you and update in hopes that this maybe can help someone else.

    in reply to: Senior Chihuahua with bloody, green, thick mucus #161289 Report Abuse
    Taylor C
    Participant

    Her sneezing started about a month and a half to two months ago so around the beginning of July. I thought maybe it could be due to allergies as I live in western Canada and our summer doesn’t really start until then but the unilateral discharge and the colour of it worries me. Nothing has changed in the house, I don’t smoke or vape and I live alone so she’s never around anything like that. As soon as her symptoms started I washed her bedding and made sure her crate was vacuumed and nothing has changed. I’ve also tried using benadryll and natural allergy drops, they made a VERY minute difference in discharge and sneezing but not enough to consider her condition to be allergies.
    I was also very frustrated that they did not suggest doing a CT in the first place as I’ve already spent over $3000 on her in the last month and a half and I am a bartender (who doesn’t make very much) and I haven’t worked in the last 4.5 months due to COVID.
    I’m in the process of booking her CT scan right now for hopefully this weekend so I’ll let you know what they find.
    Part of me has a feeling that it’s going to be the worst case scenario, cancer … but the other part of me has hopes that it’s maybe something treatable as she’s still her normal, loveable self.
    Cross your fingers for me that she’s okay, I don’t know what I would do without her 🙁

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)