Forum Replies Created
I am go glad that I did not push for this medicine for my Max Maybe it would have helped but based on what I am reading, more than likely it would have done more harm then good…I cannot risk any more “take” a chance medicine on him
Do you mean from this medication or from the the kidney problems them self. Max has a good appetite only issue’s with food and med combo was the antibiotics he was on back in May would vomit all the time till I found the right food to med combo and even that sometimes didnt work.
I need to add, up until May of this year he was on duramax we took him off to do a dose of steroids hoping to give him a boost, but at the same time we were treating a cyst on his paw with a strong antibiotic that was making him throw up big time so not really sure if the steroids got a chance to really help at all, but we never put him back on the duramax. told me his kidney levels were kind of high.. this was why when I saw this drug I thought GREAT this could work for Max. I am not a vet, but in humans with arthritis you manage both the pain and the inflammation it causes my mom had it really bad in her knees and that is how her doctor managed it. So I keep thinking in a Dog it would work the same..the closest I am getting is 155ml of tylenol with I do not believe does anything for the inflammation
I have been with my Vet through 2 other dogs since the 80’s. I think she wants the best for Max and was really pushing me last week to put him down, but I still see life in his eyes. I just want EVERY chance I can give him. I know he has bad arthritis and we are trying to manage the pain its the inflammation that I am trying to help right now. He has it bad in his right carpus REALLY BAD and has dealt with hip dysplasia since he was a puppy I’ve had him since 2005. He is getting acupuncture sometime the electo that works REALLY well, But the physical therapist keeps putting him on the underwater treadmill THAT is what I feel is causing a lot of issues for him..its once a week, last time it was for 10 minutes, I could see in his eyes he was not happy…I feel it’s like a person that sits at a desk 5 days a week and decides on Saturday to run a marathon, well it’s not going to happen. I am not giving up on Max but since my vet is the one that either has to write a script for to order myself or send me home with what they have in their office I am not sure Max will get the chance. I guess I could find a vet that works under the table or just hound my vet till she cracks
My vet will not let my dog try the Galliprant everyone here seems to have good results ..I was very hopeful
I think she feels the only option is to put my dog down
I am going to look into Galliprant with my Vet ASAP since he has kidney issues and is not taking anything now to reduce the inflammation from OA, only Tramadol and Gabapentin which make him kinds sleepy, but I was wondering what kind of results you are seeing from Acupuncture with your fur baby and if you are using just straight acupuncture or elctro Acupuncture?