CK

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Dyne for weight gain Testing #33572 Report Abuse
    CK
    Member

    Update… I went to leave a “product review” on the Lambert Vet Supply website where I purchased Dyne and it won’t ALLOW ME TO!!!! I then thought that maybe it was my computer so I tried other items on their site and it easily accept a review (which I did not leave since I was just doing an experiment to see) This has me VERY CONCERNED !!!! Are they afraid of me saying the Dyne made my dog so sick. I would like to bring this to a higher level.

    in reply to: Dyne for weight gain Testing #33550 Report Abuse
    CK
    Member

    I have never done a post or chat but felt I must . I agree totally with Melissa. I gave 2 tablespoons of this to my 11 year old English Setter a few days ago (only once). That is HALF of the recommend dose “per” application. Later that evening (about 4 hours after giving it to him) he was sleeping in his crate which is typical and normal for him. I then called him several times to go outside and I found it odd he was not trotting out like he usually does. After a few more calls I went to see why he wasn’t coming out of his crate. Just as I was going into the bedroom where his crate is I couldn’t believe my eyes… he was attempting to make a few steps towards me and he was staggering and wobbling and could barely make it to me. Just as I went to help him he fell flat to the floor. He was confused, weak, wobbly and actually even walked into the wall a few times that evening. It’s been two long days but he is getting better. Propylene Glycol is listed 6 th on the bottle I have although I saw it listed 4th or 5th on one of the websites. That is pretty high up in my opinion. If you go to the Pet poison website propylene glycol is listed as poisonous and I was horrified when I saw many of the same symptoms my dog was experiencing. Obviously my dog has a particular sensitivity and thank God I did not give the recommended dose.. and… only gave it once. I did feel it was very necessary to share my personal experience although I am uncomfortable doing this. Actually if you Google the name “dyne” you will see an antifreeze company that uses the name. This, in my opinion, should never be used in a food product, especially for puppies and dogs that need extra support nutritionally. My dog was neither and he still had a severe reaction. I am not writing to criticize in any fashion just hope to save someone from the weekend we just experienced. I feel so bad because I caused this by not understanding the ingredient list better or for being too trusting of what the front label says. I find I am now reading ever label and have learned a lot in 48 hours!!! I just read the label of my bath salts that I use and guess what? Propylene Glycol is listed on the label but 3 item from the BOTTOM of about 30 not so pleasant sounding ingredients. I hope my experience will help someone else and again I feel so fortunate that I took the very conservative approach when I gave him the one and only dose. Not sure what would have happened.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)