šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David C

All of us here want the best for our pups. That’s why we spend so much time, energy, and sometimes money on them.

I want to call your attention to a disclaimer you’ll find on most pages on this site.

The Dog Food Advisor does not test dog food products.

We rely entirely on the integrity of the information provided by each company. As such, the accuracy of every review is directly dependent upon the specific data a company chooses to share.

Although it’s our goal to ensure all the information on this website is correct, we cannot guarantee its completeness or its accuracy; nor can we commit to ensuring all the material is kept up-to-date on a daily basis.

There are many, many, <i>many</i> products above four stars that are still bad for your dog.

The Clean Label Project has certifiable results of many brands of pet foods. You’d be surprised how many 5-Star dog foods are not rated well based on lab results.

The Clean Label project is, in their own words:

[has] completed the most comprehensive pet food study ever conducted on industrial and environmental contaminants, toxins, and ingredient quality in Americaā€™s favorite pet foods.

The best food I’ve found so far, when cross-referencing both DFA and Clean Label Project, is I and Love and You’s Naked Essentials dry food.

I’d love for folks to comment with their own finding as well.

edit: Hmm. It appears that the CLP is censored. I’ll do some more research into them, as it must be censored for a reason.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by David C.
    #118596 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

Hi David-

CLP is censored because the validity of their testing has not been proven and they refuse to disclose their raw data to consumers who have repeatedly demanded it. Until they choose to be more open and transparent to the consumer, Dr. Mike asks that CLP not be discussed here on DFA.

As for your quest for the best food, there isn’t one. Each dog has needs too individual to that particular dog and its lifestyle to be able to make a blanket statement like “Food A is the best dog food period”. What is the best food for my dogs will not be the same as what is the best food for your dog. You can use websites like this one and CLP to guide your choices on which products to try if you choose, but don’t make the same mistake I did several years ago and get so caught up in ratings that you ignore when your dog is doing poorly on a highly rated food.

#118600 Report Abuse
    Mike Sagman
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Welcome to our forums.

We have repeatedly asked guests to stop needlessly frightening readers of this website by sharing questionable and unverified claims associated with this “organization” anywhere on our website.

The so-called “study” on which many of these controversial conclusions are based appears to have been performed by the same company that published the misleading report on baby food back in 2017.

Here’s another article about the baby food tests published by an established pediatric physician.

Here’s another revealing article that may also see why this information should not be trusted .

And yet one more.

Stay focused on the facts.

Until CLP becomes more transparent with its test data and its controversial claims have been verified by an independent third party or by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, we ask readers to refrain from posting any further references to this organization or its opinions anywhere on this website.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘The Best Dry Food, period.’ is closed to new replies.