Dog Clickers

Dog Food Advisor Forums Off Topic Forum Dog Clickers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dale F
    Participant

Hello Everyone

I have a small dog. I want to buy some training toys for them. Please advise if this is good – https://bit.ly/chdogclickers

#168934 Report Abuse
    John M
    Participant

This clicker looks okay to me, but, IF it is TOO LOUD? Then do take a bit of tape, or some candle wax, to soften the sound a bit.
    Do not leave the clickers lying out where people will mess them, as that sound should become very powerful cue to the dog.
    USE TINY TREATS for rewards, a full dog is not as good of student, lol.
    KEEP LESSONS super short for beginner dogs, like 5 minutes is plenty long. End session with play time.
    You can repeat the lesson many times a day, but keep all lessons super short.
    Clicker training is ALL positive, do not scold, do not correct, just reward what you DO like, and ignore anything else. Most tricks and cues are taught in INCREMENTS, a bit at a time.
    DO GOOGLE “how to clicker train a dog” before you begin. IT IS SO GOOD For dogs to get a chance to figure something out.

#171405 Report Abuse
    Ala Z
    Participant

This clicker looks okay to me too

#171787 Report Abuse
    Thaddeus A
    Participant

I think this is a great idea.

#171798 Report Abuse
    aimee
    Participant

I admit I didn’t click on the link to see the exact clicker you are referring to. But want to add I agree with John M that clickers vary in the intensity of the sound and some may be too loud for some dogs. “Poster tak” also can be used to dampen the intensity.

Additionally when working indoors the clicker I use is fairly soft but in a challenging environment like outdoors I use a louder “box” style clicker

Some great IMO clicker trainers on you tube are “kikopup” and Chirag Patel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.