The following items represent some of The Dog Food Advisor’s most frequently asked questions received from pet food companies and manufacturers.
How can we report an error in one of your articles about one of our products?
It’s never been our intention to willfully misrepresent any product. Or to perpetuate the many myths surrounding the topic of dog food that pervade the Internet.
If you discover a material error in any of our reviews, please contact us and provide verifiable proof of our oversight. And if we’re in agreement with your point, we’ll gladly correct that error.
How can I send product samples or promotional materials to you to help in the preparation of your reviews?
We do not accept money, gifts, samples or any other incentives from pet food manufacturers in exchange for special consideration in the preparation of our reviews or ratings.
Any samples received at our address will be refused for delivery and returned to you unopened.
How can I get The Dog Food Advisor to review our products?
Unfortunately, resources make it impossible for us to review every dog food on the market.
So, we are compelled to limit our coverage to only those products that impact the greatest number of our readers.
In order for us to prepare and publish a report, please be sure we have access to a company operated website that contains the following information:
- All your available dog food products (no treats)
- All government-regulated label information including Guaranteed Analysis and an ingredients list for each recipe
- All ingredient text must be in simple comma-separated format and must be copy/paste enabled. Otherwise, we would have to hand copy every item for each recipe into our database. This process would be time-consuming and would introduce a high number or data entry errors. No label photos, please.
- If you market your product as being “complete and balanced”, please provide an AAFCO Nutritional Adequacy Statement. Please be sure to include life stage recommendations (growth, maintenance, all life stages) for each formulation
- All products must be marketed within the US or Canada. Due to difference in labeling standards unique to each country, we are currently reviewing products marketed only within the USA or Canada.
How long does it take to get our product reviewed and published on The Dog Food Advisor website?
Unfortunately, due to our current backlog of product updates and new ones awaiting review, it could be a while before we get to your product line. Please be assured we’re working hard to get to every product.
How do I submit a product to you for review?
Kindly submit all information about your product using the Contact Us link found in the footer of every page on our website.
Why has your review of my product been removed from your website?
Please keep in mind we are under no legal obligation to publish a review of any product.
Over time, we’ve discovered that many (mostly smaller) companies do not understand or obey the laws regarding the production, labeling and sale of pet food.
So, whenever we prepare and post our reports, we assume the data we find on your website accurately reflects the information printed on your labels — and that all your products are in full compliance with all government regulations.
If we suspect there has been any attempt to defraud our research staff or consumers, we reserve the right to immediately modify or remove the relevant reviews from our website without notice or explanation.
Can you assure my company your star rating of my product will never change?
Sometimes recipes change. And in other cases, our interpretation of the information published on your label can also change. For this reason, we reserve the right to change our star ratings any time and without notice.
Please keep this important fact in mind whenever you choose to quote our ratings on your website, product packaging or other printed materials.
You assume all risk of loss whenever you choose to quote our ratings on your website, product packaging or other printed materials.